To apply for any current vacancy:
- Please download the application form below (either in Microsoft Word or PDF format) and return it to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Atlas Leisure Homes, Wiltshire Road, Hull, HU4 6PD.
Atlas-Employment-Application-Form (PDF format)
Atlas-Employment-Application-Form (Microsoft Word format)
- Complete the online application form here
For over 30 years the Atlas brand has led the way, and continues to grow in the design and manufacture of static holiday homes and lodges. At Atlas we pride ourselves on constantly developing, improving, and delivering a first-class customer aftercare service to our dealers and owners.
Due to an expanding customer base we are currently looking for a motivated individual to strengthen our already established Machine Shop Team. The successful individual will be joining our team at an exciting time as Atlas continue to grow and to embark on opening an additional production facility, and implementing change and development of new systems across the company.
- Liaison with Atlas internal departments
- Interpretation of technical drawings would be an advantage
- Ensuring work areas are tidy
- Comply with Health and Safety regulation
- Operating a Holzma Beam Saw and a Ottt Edgebander
Skills & Personal Attributes
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be able to work as part of a larger team
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Previous experience operating a Holzma Beam Saw and a Ottt Edgebander
- Having the ability to set, adjust and input the information into the machines, unsupervised.
- Good work ethic
As a result in our expansion and constant growth of the company, we have an excellent job opportunity in our engineering department at our Wiltshire Road site. Working in a small engineering team, the primary purpose of the role is to carry out both planned and reactive maintenance on a variety of woodworking machinery, ensuring all activities are completed in a safe and timely manner.
4½ days per week
Monday to Thursday 7:00 – 16:00
Friday 7:00 – 12:15
21 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have proven factory maintenance experience and be confident in tackling electrical and mechanical problems
- Must be multi-skilled
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- Must be able to work independently and in a small team
- It is essential candidates can work under pressure
- Ideally candidates would have woodworking machine experience, but other backgrounds may be considered
- A good understanding of health & safety
- Respond to mechanical and electrical breakdowns in a time efficient manner.
- Deliver the planned maintenance schedule as per plan.
- Advise and implement continuous improvement.
Reports to Head of Design and Innovation
Working closely with the Head of Design and New Product Development Team, you’ll be responsible for creating fresh innovative ideas, from furniture design to 2D conceptual layouts. As a Concept Designer, your role will mean you’re an all-rounder – interested in all aspects of design, and using this passion to create inspiring interiors/exteriors and Soft furnishing schemes. You must be proficient working with design software such as AutoCad /Google sketch-Up and V-Ray for producing CAD renders, on a daily basis. You will be involved with styling/dressing our holiday homes in preparation for trade shows and for marketing purposes. The role also requires the individual to carry out general administration on Microsoft Office: writing up specifications, information packs, and soft furnishings documents and the ability to confidentially present your concepts and schemes.
You will also be responsible for managing relationships with commercial clients and suppliers – with visits to suppliers and exhibitions when required.
You must also work to meet the objectives of the NPD programme, to ensure all work is completed to a deadline.
Concept designer Overview
- Working on projects across retail, rental and residential sectors of the holiday home market
- Ability to develop detailed dimensional 2D/3D drawings across all aspects of a holiday home from furniture design, to layouts using design software such as: AutoCad /Google sketch-Up with an ability to produce presentation visuals.
- Confidentially manage relationships with commercial clients, including supplier visits
- General administration in line with the role, including group presentations
- Work to deadlines efficiently following the NPD process
Concept designer requirements:
- Minimum 2 year of industry experience working across Interior / Commercial Design sectors
- Degree or College qualification in interior design or a design related subject
- Proficient working with design software such as: AutoCad /Google sketch-Up/V-Ray on a daily basis
- Competent in producing detailed design dimensional technical drawings / layouts
- Competent in producing 3D visuals for internal and client presentations
- Competent in managing relationships with commercial clients, including supplier visits
- Competent with general administration in line with the role on Microsoft Office
- Competent working to deadlines
- Full UK Driving License
Concept Designer remuneration:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for foreign travel