Vacancy for Design Technician
Due to substantial growth, we are expanding our design team. We are looking to employ a competent Design Technician to assist in the design and specification of various projects to be manufactured within our facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce and manage working Technical drawings and information for production.
- Create and manage cutting lists information which is used in production.
- Create and amend BOM’s for our current ranges.
- Assist with production queries and issues needing Technical support.
- Assist in the development of our products with regards to build, and quality improvements.
- Ability to run small to large projects.
- Support in the training of junior staff members.
- Be actively involved in product development, including cost benefit improvements.
- Assist in developing our work process’s, within our continuous improvement work.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D.
- A good knowledge of Solidworks/Inventor 3D software.
- An in-depth understanding of Caravan holiday home construction.
- Minimum of 3 years drawing office experience in the Caravan holiday home sector.
- Good design engineering knowledge with a variety of materials.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have good problem solving skills, whilst also having the ability to focus on detail.